Monday, May 08, 2006

Heaven

Since my wife's death in February I've had an interest in heaven like never before. I've always looked forward to heaven but to be honest, most Christians have a pretty boring concept of what it's going to be like. Since Amy's passing I've had a renewed interest in questions like: What will we be doing? Will we recognize one another? What will it look like? Will heaven be on earth?

Over the last four weeks I've been following a Southeast sermon series on this topic. This week, as Dave Stone wrapped up the series, he shared a thought that wet my appetite for heaven. He noted how God created all that we see and enjoy here on earth in just six days, however, He's spent the last 2,000 years preparing our eternal home. He said, "You do the math."

Now, I don't know about you, but I enjoy creation and what it has to offer. Whether I'm fishing a farm pond or trapsing through the woods, life is a blast. And to even think that heaven will make these activities seem boring just blows me away. In my opinion there is nothing on earth like the sun setting over the ocean as God uses the horizon as His canvas! And to think that heaven makes that masterpiece look like a finger painting. Wow!

Make plans to be there. I think it's gonna be good!

2 comments:

Morehart said...

Hey brother good to see you in the Blog world

Matt Coulter said...

Hey Chad,
Welcome to blogging... hopefully you are more successful than I am :)

I was so sorry to hear about your wife but I am delighted to hear that you are so intent on continuing your own path towards heaven.

One of my favorite memories of rooming with you in college were the times we would individually just read the Bible for fun and share what we learned with each other. Hopfully you are in the Word now more than ever.

You will always be my brother.

-Matt