Monday, July 24, 2006

Welcome To Smithville

We arrived safely last night and are enjoying our first day of vacation. We made a quick trip to the pool and since then have lounged around the house. The highlight of my first day would be the time I've spent in the hammock reading a Beth Moore book. The temp was perfect. The breeze was incredible and I took a nap between chapter one and two.

I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about making the trip north. While Amy was alive, Smithville was a frequent vacation destination for our family. In her world, there was nothing better then spending time with her sister. I was nervous that I would be overcome with emotion as we pulled in the drive. It was less then six months ago that we were here and Amy was bound to the chair for most of the trip, not feeling all that well. I’m continually blown away at how much life can change in six months. Who would have imagined.

But God has been faithful. Emrie and I prayed before we left Falmouth and though there were moments of sadness, I have not been overcome with emotion. I'm really enjoying myself and look forward to going fishing tonight.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I am soooooooo happy for you Chad. Hammocks are wonderful for napping, especially with the breeze..........been there, done that, but not for a very long time, way too hot here in FL.

It's nice having family where you can just be yourself and feel comfortable doing so. Please post a picture of your fish, and by the way, does Emrie have a fishing pole too? ha!

Is Emrie mothering the new baby?

Anonymous said...

Praise God you and Emrie made it to Josh and Julie's safely. I too was concerned about the emotions that you might experience. I know how much you and Amy loved to be with Josh and Julie. It's comforting to know that you are still with family and can experience the same joy you and Amy experience together. Have a great time. As Ernie said...photos must accompany those fish stories! I hope Emrie is loving her NEW cousin! Be safe. We will see you soon. Love,
Dad