Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Single Parenting

One of my best friends is spending the night, and like we were in college again, we've been up late talking. It's way past my bedtime and we have to get up at 6am but I wanted to make a quick post.

I just ask for your prayers. This single parent thing is tough [as some of you know] and lately I feel like I'm failing to give Emrie the consistency she needs. So much of my life is different now. Simple things I took for granted when Amy was alive are accentuated on a daily basis. Like this morning for example. In order to make an early hospital call, we had to spend the night at my in-laws. This provided me the opportunity to slide out at 6:15am and Ann would be there when Emrie got up. Over the past 9 days she has spent the night in four different places, she's with a different sitter every day, and though she rolls with the punches I feel guilty. I pray for wisdom and discernment and ask God to let me know if something needs to change. I'm willing to do something different. I just don't know what to do.

I've always admired single parents. But I now feel their pain and sense their struggles in a way unlike before.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I promise to lift up this particular situation for you!
I can't imagine being a single parent, but I think it's even harder to be a single dad.

Sara said...

I am fairly new at being a single parent myself...I wish I had all the answers to give, but I am just taking it day by day and learning every step of the way. The greatest gift we give is our love, and by your blog, we can all see you give that to Emrie in abundance. In times like these leaning on our family/church family for strength and help is crucial. It's okay to need and ask for help. The family dynamic is changing, but your love and the stability that you are providing for Emrie is constant.

Keeping your family in prayer,
Sara

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you.

Sandi said...

This past week has been vacation and family visits. It's my opinion, she will definitely let you know when something bothers her. And, we will continue to pray for you and Em.