Last night I was talking to a new guy and he said that he loves our church because we invest back into the community. He was super impressed with the Upward program that his son was a part of.
As I consider the success of Upward I'm thankful Antioch has the eldership that is willing to take risks for the kingdom. They've been willing through the years to do things a bit differently and the Kingdom has often reaped the benefits of their willingness to embrace something new. Allow me to list just a few decision that I'm so proud of my leaders for making:
- relocating in 1980
- building a Family Life Center
- incorporating contempary music into their service
- adding a second service though they probably didn't like the idea
- embracing Upward Basketball though they weren't sure if it would fly
- investing staff and money to benefit our youth ministry
Elders, thank you for being the kind of leaders who take risks for the Kingdom. Kudos to you!