Thursday, March 29, 2007

Undignified

I'm done with my sermon and I can't wait to share it on Sunday. God blessed me with a great week of study. I'm preaching on 2 Samuel 6 where king David brings the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem. It's an awesome day and he finds himself lost in worship before the Lord HOWEVER not all were pleased. His wife, Michael, sees David acting "undignified" as he dances and leaps for the Lord, and she lays into him. It's a pretty interesting marital spat in which we can learn a great deal about worship. Bottom line - David doesn't seem to care because his primary focus is honoring God, not people.

I won't give the whole message away but I'm looking forward to sharing it. See you Sunday or catch us on the web.

Note: For those who haven't already heard (news gets out pretty quick in a small town) the elders are planning to share the name of our next Senior Minister. I can't wait. He's awesome!

No comments: