Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Update

It's been a while since I last posted. Several reasons for that. Not only have I been crazy busy, blogger has been giving me some difficulties so I've switched browsers to provide a temporary fix. So much has transpired over the last week or so that I feel the need to give an update on our housing situation. As you know, Jennifer and I have been praying about building our own home.

Well, a couple weeks ago, we put money down on the "Civil War" barn that will serve as the infrastructure for our new home. We then needed to find land and let me tell you, the process was not easy. Let's just say land is a whole lot cheaper in Falmouth than in Southern Indiana:) Many of the lots we found were either too large (and therefore expensive) or had too many restrictions.

But not only was money an issue, it was important to have our children in a good school district and yet being new to the area we didn't feel like we had the information we needed. So we prayed. We asked God that he would make it clear where we were to live and where our kids were to go to school. Well...a couple weeks ago I got a call from a church member (who lives in Harrison County) who was willing to sell us a neighboring lot. The deal is sweet and as Jennifer and I walked the property together this past Sunday we knew that we knew that God was leading us to this piece of land. God is so good and His church has been extremely generous to my family.

Please continue to pray for the sale of our homes. We can't move forward on the building project until they sell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Chad, it was so good to hear from you. God is so good, and I am so happy for you and Jennifer. AND may God shower extra blessings your church member. Can't wait to see the pics. aunt Sandi

Anonymous said...

I am a little confused. Is there two Harrison Counties or are you building a home outside of Cynthiana and commuting to Greenville? :)

Cause that is one long commute and I KNOW with gas prices as is, Dave Ramsey would NOT think that is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Chad, Your new lot has to be a good one being it is in Harrison County. That's a good name for a county. Wishing you all well!

Lenora