Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Out Of The Box

I mentioned ReThink last Thursday and wanted to show you the box that was created for the series. Steve Meredith built the box, Barry designed the logo and Brittney Phillips & Sha Marcum painted it. It turned out fabulous! Sundays sermon was one of those that you needed to be there in person to get the full effect. I think Barry might be throwing it on a DVD but we'll see.

I have to say that I've never been more excited and yet more nervous to share a message. I think I woke up every hour on the hour Saturday night:) You'll find that I'm passionate about the bride of Christ and I'm tired of playing church. I want to be the church! I knew that my message would be polarizing and I was prepared to embrace it's repercussions. I can only hope that the repercussions will ignite a passion that will enlarge the movement of God in Southern Indiana!

It's all about the mission!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for challenging us in our journey to serve Christ. It's easy and tempting to get settled into a routine (which isn't always a bad thing). I appreciate a new challenge to re-evaluate and re-direct my call to the mission of Christ at GCC! Its energizing! Scherri K.