Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Reflections

As Christmas winds down I thought I might reflect upon the last two days. Christmas Eve consisted of Jennifer and I spending four hours assembling the kid's trampoline, a party with Jennifer's mom's family and the 11pm candle light service at GCC. As I yawned the entire trip to Greenville I couldn't help but think of the story about Eutychus who fell out the window and killed himself because he zonked out as Paul preached a midnight sermon:) I can honestly say that I've never preached that late into the night and as hard as it was to deliver, I'm sure it was even harder for those who were listening. By the time we got home and put the kids down it was 1am, Christmas morning.

This morning we had Jennifer's mom, sister and their husbands over for breakfast and the "festivities". We then finished the day at Jennifer's dad's. Food, presents and an afternoon nap seem to be the highlights of the day. I love Christmas and the time I get to spend with family and it's icing on the cake that I'm officially on vacation:) We'll be leaving Thursday night or Friday morning to have Christmas with my side of the family.

I can only hope you too had a fabulous Christmas and that you enjoyed time with people you love. And for those who are hurting this Christmas, my heart and prayers goes out to you. I know the holidays can be a pretty sad time of the year. May God draw you close.

No comments: