Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ablaze

While studying for Sunday's message (which, by the way, I'm fired up to preach) I stumbled across this quote from Samuel Chadwick. He pastored in the late 1800's, early 1900's but listen how relevant this word is:

"The soul's safety is in its heat. Truth without enthusiasm, morality without emotion, ritual without soul, make for a Church without power. Destitute of the Fire of God, nothing else counts; possessing Fire, nothing else matters." (from his book, The Way to Pentecost)

Join me in praying this simple but powerful prayer, "Holy Spirit, set your church on fire!"

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

WHOO HOOO! AMEN!! How much can a church that is on fire for Christ do? I'm anxious to see because I truly believe our whole church is ready to be set ablaze!!!

Stay encouraged yourself Chad as you help lead the church to new levels!