- Alonzo and his worship team were incredible! I didn't want to stop worshipping. I can't tell you what an answer to prayer he is.
- It felt good to preach the Word again. I had so much to say and didn't want to unload it all at once. I love to preach!
- My mom and dad drove over two hours to be in the house for opening night. They have always been such an encouragement to me and I love them so much. I am blessed to have such great parents.
- I smiled as I thought of the racial diversity that was present tonight. To see African Americans, Hispanics, Caucasians, etc. worshipping God together was awesome. It was certainly multi-cultural and multi-racial. And in Palmyra, Indiana of all places!
- I'm grateful for all those that partnered with us to make this night happen. So many people gave of their time and energy - from parking cars to greeting the guests to pounding hammers. A special shout out to the four adults who sacrificed tonight's first worship service in order to minister to our children. Praise the Lord!
- Let it be known that the enemy pulled out all the stops in an effort to prevent this launch from happening. But I'm happy to say that he is a liar and a loser. God is faithful and provided victory. To Him be the glory!
- For those who have been praying for us and our new work, thank you so much. You may never know the magnitude of those prayers. We are eternally grateful. Please continue to join us in praying that God would be glorified at Live Wire Christian Center!
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Opening Night @ Live Wire
Before I call this incredible day a wrap, I wanted to make a post about tonight's opening service at Live Wire. It was off the hook! (Mom - that's a good thing) As with most things we do in life, we enter with expectations and hope the event lives up to our hopes and dreams. I can honestly say tonight exceeded my expectations across the board. Here are a few random thoughts:
Posted by Chad Doerr at 10:57 PM