Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Waiting

At the age of 75 Abram received a word from the Lord that his name would be great and that through his seed all the peoples on earth would be blessed. What a promise!  And yet 5, 10, 15, 20 years later and there was no sign of God's promise coming true. There was no son. The child bearing age for his wife Sarai had come and gone. The reality is, Abram would have a 25 year window between the time the promise was made, and his son Isaac was born. Twenty five years of waiting on God!  And though Abram got a little antsy and made a few mistakes along the way, his story encourages me, because I don't know about you, but there are things I feel certain God spoke to me; promises He has made and yet I'm still waiting. I've not seen those words come to pass...but I'm believing I will!  And the enemy would love for doubt to creep in during my season of waiting. "Are you sure that was God?  Are you sure that's what He said?  Are you sure you weren't just making that up?" 

Be encouraged. If God spoke it, if He gave you a word, you can take it to the bank. Be patient. Wait on the Promise Keeper. The wait is well worth it. Just ask Abram.

No comments: