Thursday, June 01, 2006

Broken


The truth usually sets you free. Tonight it has broken my heart. A song that I've enjoyed for some time has been Rascal Flatts' "Bless The Broken Road". I assumed that they had written the ballad and left it at that.

Until a couple of weeks ago when I heard that Selah, a Christian group who has also released the song, were actually the orignal writers. Am I the only one that heard this?

Well, tonight I found out that neither Rascal Flatts or Selah wrote the song. It was actually written by a Nashville trio more than eleven years ago. Long before Rascal Flatts took it to number 1, the song was turned down by the likes of Faith Hill, Wynonna Judd, Bette Middler and Brooks & Dunn. Way to let a good one slip through your fingers!

Though my heart is broken, life will go on...and it's still a great song.

1 comment:

Morehart said...

Hey Man, had lunch with your Dad today at Skyline. It was a good time. Just listened to your sermon on the books of the bible. Very nice, well done. Very inspiring. God Bless Brother