Sunday, June 18, 2006

Can You Say "Train Wreck"?

Can I just say that whatever could go wrong today, went wrong [not exactly, but it's worth sharing].
  • It started when I got to church this morning. Our main computer had crashed and our computer guru is in Hawaii. That meant Kevin and I had to quickly develop a plan B. We tried two computers before getting something to work.
  • 20 minutes into my message, I realized I had only brought 7 pages out of my 8 page manuscript. This has always been my worst fear and it finally happened! The Holy Spirit filled in the gaps and I made a full recovery.
  • After lunch I went to start my car and it was dead as a doornail.

On a serious note, I have to say that I sensed all week that Satan was trying very hard to discourage our staff and to keep the Word from going out today. I'm excited to announce that in spite of the chaos - Satan, you lost again!

Over all, this has been the most enjoyable "train wreck" of a day I've ever experienced. The good has far outweighed the bad and I've had a memorable Father's Day. The good thing about days like today is that there is nowhere to go but up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Satan tried his best! and God's grace was right there with you........Only goes to show me that your work and love for the Lord is so full that nothing gets in your way, and notes are just that, notes! I have always felt the Holy Spirit present in your messages Chad. And what better day than FATHERS DAY, for the Lord's promise Phil 4:13 to see you through; and NOT LET SATAN RUIN "your" fathers day! Love and Happy Fathers Day. Aunt Sandi

Anonymous said...

Chad,

Have you ever read the book Lord Foulgrin's Letters by Randy Alcorn? It is similar to C.S. Lewis's book the Screwtape Letters. Great book - it shows how Satan uses the everyday things to distract us from a relationship with the Lord.

The devil may be big to us, but he is small to God. The greater our God, the smaller our devil.

Sounds like your winning the battle...

Glad to hear you had a great father's day...Sara

Anonymous said...

YOU WERE MISSING A PAGE OF YOUR MANUSCRIPT!?!?!?!?!

Oh my goodness. I think I would have just ended the service and sung the invitation.

You're a better man than I...

Anonymous said...

Chad I think you did a great job as always. God truly is useing you to do great things. With God and your brothers and sisters on your side satan doesn't have a chance. We love you and your family. Keep up the good work.
your brother in Christ.

Anonymous said...

Great message Chad. Aunt Sandi