Thursday, August 17, 2006

So Much For A Tough Week

God is so faithful.

I've been dreading this week for some time. As if my plate were not full enough, I was recently asked to perform a wedding for a high school friend, on short notice I might add. Needless to say, I thought this would be one of craziest weeks on record - prepare my Sunday message, prepare for small group, teach a summer elective, have several meetings, and do a Friday wedding!

Would you believe it, I got my message done before lunch today and had it emailed to my computer person by 3:30pm. It may be the earliest I've ever completed a message and I thought this would surely be a week where I was finishing on Saturday night. I think God was laughing saying, "Chad, relax. I told you it would be okay."

I'm beat from the week's events and I'm looking forward to crashing tonight and haning with Emrie tomorrow. I'm going to sleep on it but I'm considering making a post or two about the night's events. The wedding rehearsal and dinner were quite interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate weddings.

That's all I have to say about that.

Anonymous said...

I've come to one conclusion....weddings are wonderful events HOWEVER....the only people that truely enjoy them are the parents, grandparents, bride and groom, and the wedding party.
Although the cake is always decent....LOL

Sandi said...

Yes I agree, God is so faithful! It's really awesome you had "yet, another" message from the Lord on HIS FAILTHFULNESS....

The work of a minister, I would think, is very demanding and exhausting being there for so many people. The first word that "spoke" to me is, CHAD, "RELAX" & THEN OK!!!!!!!
Just a thought. Love aunt Sandi