How could I have ever known the difficulties that would accompany every stage of the grief and recovery process. Some were to be expected, others caught me blindsided. But through it all, I'm certain that God has done a work in my heart. I'm not the man I was a year ago. For that, I'm thankful.
In fact, on this day that is supposed to be so heavy, I find myself so thankful.
- Thankful that God allowed me to experience that wonderful season with Amy - brief as it was.
- Thankful for the memories.
- Thankful that I have tasted a healthy, vibrant, godly marriage and know what it takes to make one work.
- Thankful for what Amy brought to my ministry.
- Thankful that Amy helped to bring Emrie into my life.
- Thankful for the foundation Amy helped to pour for Emrie's faith - I see the fruits of her labor.
- Thankful for the growth I have experienced.
- Thankful for the support I've enjoyed from family and friends over the last year.
- Thankful for my future.
- Thankful for my God who has not left me to walk this journey alone.
I'm not sure if blogs are read in heaven - but if you're reading this Ame - we miss you and are so thankful for what you brought to our lives.