Friday, July 25, 2008

Water

Since I was a boy I've always had a drawing to the water. It didn't matter if it was a farm pond or a state reservoir I just felt close to God when I was on the water. I've always loved to fish but I've recently found myself spending time at one of our local lakes simply talking with the Lord and meditating upon His word. It's been incredible. Sure, meet with Him at home or in my office, and I do, but there's just something about being on the water that reminds me of how creative and majestic my God truly is.

Today was no different. I spent the morning fishing with my friend JP. He and I not only share a love for bass fishing, we share a love for the Lord as well, which always makes our time on the water together a joy. Any day on the water is good but today was truly special; a day I will remember for a long time. Not only did God grant us a picturesque day (at least by our standards) but he allowed us to catch upwards to 60 largemouth bass between the two of us, and they were almost all on topwater. And it's almost August! That may not be a big deal to you but it makes me say, "Yeah God!"

I'm thankful to God for all the great memories He's given me on the water and I'm looking forward to many more in the years to come.

No comments: