Tonight I set aside an hour to get my personal finances in order. This is a weekly event for me but I kind of enjoy crunching numbers. A few years ago, Amy and I were a bit haphazard with our finances but then we took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and our financial lives have never been the same.
I thought I might briefly share Dave's six baby steps that have given me financial peace. May they bless you as they have blessed me.
- Save $1,000 for a baby emergency fund
- Aggressively pay off all debt [except the house] starting with the smallest amount
- Increase your baby emergency fund equal to 3 to 6 months of expenses
- Begin pouring 15 percent of your income into retirement plans
- Save for children's college
- Pay off home early
- Build wealth [and give it away]